Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

LOVE LINES (photomorph) & HEAVEN FORFEND! (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


HEAVEN FORFEND!

it would be rather nice if they knew I'm actually
going to be taking over this job, that I'm already
slated for it despite my young age and just
being (at least in their opinions) a pretty face;
for it's lots of mostly repetitive work attempting
to be supportive, as I self-train for the head
position, and all while I deal tactfully with
the recurring sotto voce comment that it's
really none of my business (they should only
know how much our business overlaps ... but
they will, soon enough); the biggest challenge,
however, is to cope with that man, the one
closest to my own age who needs more care
and attention than anyone else, and runs away
faster and further, as if shame were always
lighting the fuse of a rocket in his back pocket
... but my work now is to learn what my new job
will require and that means caring where it's
required when a need crosses my path (even if
it rockets right away) and so I do this work in
the void of no acknowledgement, salted only
by a bit of gossipy backlash; maybe when
the time comes I'll actually be ready and able
to do my new job decently; after all, I'm not
looking to teach anyone anything, nor even
(heaven forfend!) to set an example:
I'm just trying to learn how to love


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-21-17. Photomorph "Love Lines" (4-17-10 10016v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home