Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

KEEPING SECRETS (photomorph) & THE LIVING CONNECTION (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE LIVING CONNECTION

the little dragon, carved from shiny dark
brown wood in an ancient Chinese style,
comes readily out of its hidden wall
holder when I stumble across it and reach
out in joy; I'm surprised and delighted
that the curators of this secret wall museum
are allowing me to touch and examine it
closely to my heart's content, running my
fingers over all its small artful curves
and crevices; when I finally manage to let
it go and put it carefully back in the hidden
shelter in the wall, I turn and look up right
into the black eyes of my temporary
roommate; he's standing in front of the huge
and elegantly carved dark wood étagère
that's been loaned to us; his eyes shine
with the knowledge that this set of open shelves
is as beautiful in its own way as the little dragon
he's just watched me caressing; then we learn
that we are being allowed to keep the capacious
étagère; I almost gasp out loud at the sharpness
of hope that rises as I think: what does this say
about this big, dark bear of a man and me?
is our living connection going to be
on-going as well?


[narrative on a dream of 5-23-17. Photomorph "Keeping Secrets" (2-15-17 005v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home