Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 29, 2017

WAVING SO LONG (photo) & THE SUNDAE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE SUNDAE

a clattering orgy of throwing away:
candies, ice cream, any-and-everything
sugary, into large garbage barrels behind
the endless row of harbor side restaurants:
the most spectacular, a huge can of chocolate
syrup without a lid thudding into the biggest
receptacle, splattering its gooey contents all over
the addictive sweets already crowding the barrel
and dripping in dark rivulets down the fat
curvature of its outside: a massive and
gloriously messy good-bye sundae


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-28-17. I've been working at losing the very last of my "avoirdupois" for a few weeks now. A journey that started back in 2001 at 356 lbs. During the past 100+ lbs. loss, I have been considering myself an addict and have found much of 12 Step philosophy and approaches to be supportive. But I've never (to my conscious recall, of course) had a dream quite like this one. It carries such a punch that I'm also sure it has to do with much more in my life than food issues. It makes sense, as I have not ever believed the substance is addicting but something in ourselves, a combination of our brain chemistries and psychologies. And I have noted my other addictive tendencies for some time now. (Not to mention that I quit drinking 35 years ago when I somehow managed to read the handwriting on the wall. There must have been some sort of spiritual intervention. As otherwise I can't see how I would have wanted to do it, much less actually done it.) However, this dream having been couched in food terms does make it largely about what I'm doing at present: approaching the slimmest I've been in almost 40 years. Photo "Waving So Long" (4-3-17 019v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home