Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 24, 2017

AT CROSS PURPOSES (photomorph) & THE HOARDER (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE HOARDER

he walks in the large room ... omigosh!
has he become a zombie? I mean, literally,
as on all those horrific T.V. shows, but for real?

as I stand worrying silently, he orders me
over to him and as always I don't even
think to say no

up close he looks just as unwell, drawn,
pale, vaguely sweaty, his beard
days old, I'm surprised
when he pulls me to him
that he doesn't smell days unclean

and as ever I have no idea
what he truly wants of me
other than to jerk my strings;
even more troublesome, what do I
want from him beyond satisfaction
of the intense and nigh on to suffocating
sexual yearning I've suffered
for him for so long

my women friends stand
a short distance away
watching us with their usual
curiosity, and I briefly wonder
what they will turn this incident
into later in their gossiping,
much less what I will
make of it

he continues to hold me close
and far longer than he ever has,
then takes my face between
his large hands and kisses me softly
... shit! even under these conditions
my body responds and I crane
to get as much of myself flat against
him as I can, to feel all his maleness
against me, especially those crown
jewels that have tortured my dreams
and fantasies for so long

but he won't even give this much
more to me, just as he's never fully given
me his physicality, only teased me with it,
this ailing monarch still jealously
hoarding his power to please

I struggle to smother my sexual arousal,
thinking no matter how hard I try
this man is never dead to me,
but quickly squelch that thought,
since the way he's looking today
the grave may be exactly where
he's headed all too soon
and way too sadly


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-23-17. This dream man was a combination of a man I knew who died and someone in my life currently. Photomorph "At Cross Purposes" (8-19-11 11153v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home