Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, April 28, 2017

STRUGGLE TO THE LIGHT (photomorph) & ONE RAINY NIGHT (dream-based prose poem) by Roswila


ONE RAINY NIGHT

a small group of us meet up in a nighttime street,
there's a cute, rather young new guy in our midst,
I can't believe that there's a spark between us;
it gets late and we each head for our homes;
he stops me, putting his arm gently around me,
then pulls me closer, bringing his face to mine,
a kiss? I think, but, but ... yes, a soft little kiss;
I return it gently, how delightful, but that's it (sigh);
as he heads for his home, I stand alone in the night;
my own home's a long way away, and rain's coming;
I look for shelter, a place to sleep away the night,
all I can find is an empty storage box/room
that's leaky and very cold, though I consider it;
the young guy returns with his father and a friend;
the father's reneging on some show business deal,
backing out and leaving the young guy high and dry;
the young guy, his friend and I try chasing him down;
a festival parade has filled the nighttime street
which the father enters and disappears into;
I'd like to enjoy all the soggy costumes and hoopla
but we need to call the young guy's father to account;
determined to collar the faithless, fleeing father
(whom I begin to suspect is actually luring us on)
we three struggle through the length of the parade
like salmon fighting their ways up stream


[prose poem (?) on a dream of 4-27-17. Photomorph "Struggle to the Light" (3-14-17 029v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home