Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 17, 2017

DANCING THROUGH THE NIGHT (photomorph) & BARE OUTLINES (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


BARE OUTLINES

she looks through the pile
of black and white ink sketches,
they're clearly quite old
but the artifacts they're of
are older yet, from ancient times

one drawing stands out:
six nude, large bodied women
lie shoulder to shoulder
in an orderly row
in their long gone bog grave

what deep history
was buried with them, she muses,
did they dance through
their nights, or mourn their ways
slowly to this group burial

something in their shapes
is vaguely familiar ...
ah, they're not Celtic
as she'd first been inclined
to believe, but Tuetonic

she finds this knowledge
an odd sort of comfort
as if for once
her Mother's lineage
has slipped quietly to the fore

she ponders over this sketch of ancient zaftig women
grateful for even bare outlines of what has shaped her


[tanka series capped by a two-liner on a dream of 10-6-14. I ran across this old, previously posted dream poem looking for some other poem and felt quite stirred by it. Will have time later to examine that feeling. But what occurs to me right now is that I'm finally firmly on the last leg of a very long journey down from weighing 356 lbs in 2001. So my body is changing even more (beyond the on-going advance of age and arthritis). BTW, at the time I wrote this I'd always believed my father was almost entirely Irish. Since then I've had my DNA analysis done and find I'm only 4% Irish. And given I'd always been told my mother was German and Polish (with a smattering of Russian Jewish), I was rather surprised to also find my DNA is 24% Scandinavian. Those Vikings really got around! Photomorph "Dancing Through the Night" (4-3-17 019v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home