Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, April 13, 2017

MAY I TOUCH YOU? (photo) & A DISTURBING PAIR (dream narrative pair) by Roswila


A DISTURBING PAIR

In the first dream, a fair haired, aging actor that I have no particular feelings about now but used to thoroughly dislike when he was much younger, comes to my apartment to try to fix the square white typing machine on which I produce all my writing; he does not succeed though he tries for some time, while I begin to wonder why I don't stop him as the machine is so out of date anyway and should just be trashed; as I tell a woman friend later about his visit, I'm embarrassed to, so don't mention the attraction he and I clearly felt, a pull that titillated but even more so disturbed me, as if it were somehow both as practiced and insubstantial as a performance in a love scene from one of his old movies.

In the second dream, an aged soap opera actor I've started an intimate involvement with and I enter and take seats in a large empty theatre, he sitting several seats away from me, then telling me to get up and sit next to him, that this way we can cuddle beneath my jacket with his arm around me; I neither like nor understand his sitting so far away from me, nor do I like being told what to do, especially so imperiously; but I move quickly to sit next to him anyway as cuddling under my jacket sounds delightful, both for warmth, and for the touch of a man I like -- something I'm still running on a deficit for; however, no matter how I fuss at it, once we're settled in, my jacket covers my mouth and nose, precipitating an anxious memory of having to wear an oxygen mask after surgery that, to the contrary, made me feel as if I couldn't breathe.


[narrative on two consecutive dreams of 3-15-17. Photo "May I Touch You?" (5-30-10 10009e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home