Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, March 04, 2017

GENETIC CONVERGENCE (photomorph) & IN THE FIGHT (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


IN THE FIGHT

most of my opponents throughout my life
have defeated me, as will this last one, old age

but this battle will be as all others: life
was in the fight, not in the losing
nor even the occasional win

and I cannot do otherwise now, even
when this last loss is inevitable, an inch
by inch private and hidden slide, or at times
an agony of holding on at the cliff's edge,
or at others, a clashing of staves
in a skilled ballet

after all, the ancient meaning of my surname
"Kelly," that proud flag raised by others
at my birth, is warrior or fighter*

and it's led me forward from the start --
win, draw, or lose; subtle, obvious, or
wild; masked, transparent, or transformative --
I cannot but respond to the call of this spirit,
winding round its chromosomal axis,
an intrepid and wise serpent,

who's rising will only stop, never to rise again,
at the end of this last losing battle with old age,
for its message and my response
has always been to fight


[non-dream free verse poem written 2-22-17. *The surname Kelly is "said to mean 'descendant of Ceallach ' or it can also mean warrior or fighter..." from Wikipedia. Photomorph "Genetic Convergence" (2-13-17 021v2i) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home