Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, February 24, 2017

WHEN THE BONDS BREAK (photomorph) & THE LIVING LOOM (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE LIVING LOOM

my dear friend and I
sink, tired and grateful, into
our hotel room beds --
with no effort at all she learns
to use the bed's weaving device

at a touch, her bed frame
extrudes threads like damp raw silk
that attach to her,
mostly at her wrists and ankles,
making her into a living loom

I'm not anywhere
near as quick on the uptake,
though I watch closely
how she drapes herself artfully
with each new long silvery thread

I try my bed but get only wet strands, like
unattached feelers waving around me, that fall

it's still not clear what it is she's weaving:
a long evening shawl or delicate hammock

but its iridescent beauty inspires me to take on
the growing pile of damp threads in my bed,

even as my puzzlement turns to frustration:
why won't their shining beauty stick to me?


[three tanka and four two-liners on a dream of 2-23-17. Photomorph "When the Bonds Break" (2-22-17 005v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home