Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

AT THE HEART OF THE FOREST (photomorph) & THE TINY WOMAN (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE TINY WOMAN

most everyone says
she's retarded, this tiny frail
woman with dark hair,
but I've never doubted she's just slow
for she copes better than most folk

her case manager,
who's also her caring friend,
confirms my insight
I ask this friend about the tiny
woman's birthday that's coming up

is there some way we
could arrange for the gift of a
flight to Gibraltar
and from there for her to visit
the land of the Pygmies in Africa

for it might close a loop in her life, help
her touch the ground of her beginnings:

that ancient smallness
in the heart of the intricate forest


[three tanka and two two-liners on a dream of 2-20-17. What a contrast this one is to that novella length dream about President Trump that I posted yesterday. In the most basic way I see yesterday's as about everything being outsized, exaggerated (plus a humbling that doesn't fully "take"). And today's, about, well, obviously, smallness. A return to a more natural, even basic size. In a way, getting over myself. Not denying the pain, etc. But getting it into some sort of perspective. With respect to that Trump dream, I keep seeing an image of that fish that puffs itself up when threatened by a predator so it can't be swallowed. Additionally, I think of some of the puffing as saying "Notice me! Help me!" This dream today puts me in mind of Jesus's image of it being "easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle." Smallness may serve not only to help with being seen, but with being brought back to the heart of life. Photomorph "At the Heart of the Forest" (2-15-17 005v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger VCW said...

This image is stunning!!!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, Charline, I'm delighted you like it. I pass this tree frequently, and the sun makes such wonderful streaks down onto the grass beneath it. I've yet to get a viable realistic pic of this little scene. But have a delicious time morphing pix of it, the way I did this one. Thanks for stopping by ... I owe you a more lengthy response via email; hopefully, soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home