Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 06, 2017

BRANCHING OUT (photo) & "they cannot prune you..." (non-dream tanka) by Roswila


they cannot prune you
much more, dearest jacaranda,
for what will be left
to greet the growing season,
to fully embrace the sun


[non-dream tanka written 2-8-17. And they've done several more prunings since I wrote this tanka. I've not ever watched this tree through a winter into spring before, so maybe this is what's needed and appropriate. But I sure wince each time I see more cuttings on the grass beneath it and look up into further thinned out branches. Photo "Branching Out" (2-27-17 018v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger LGD said...

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/jacaranda/pruning-a-jacaranda-tree.htm

Apparently pruning is highly recommended

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yeah, I did kinda, sorta figure it was particularly necessary for jacarandas. Thanks for the link. It explains why an odd looking thing has developed -- and will eventually disappear beneath the new foliage which does grow rapidly -- many branches off large branches grow straight up. The link article recommends pruning any smaller branches off main ones that grow at less than a 40 degree angle. Hm. What a life long city girl can learn living by a beach town! Guess the operative word there is "learn." If I'm still curious and learning at 73, that's probably a good sign. LOL! On another topic altogether, are you ready for St. Patrick's Day? I'm a little less jazzed about it this year as I've had my DNA analysis done. Surprisingly, I'm only 4% Irish (was always told it was nearly 50%). And shockingly (there was never a whisper of this) I'm 24% Scandanavian! Well, those Vikings did invade and/or settle all over the British Isles and the continent.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home