Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

"Water, Water Everywhere..." (photo) & "elevator sign ..." (non-dream senryu) by Roswila


elevator sign:
water off today from one to two
I'm suddenly thirsty


[non-dream senryu written 2-8-17. As I'm sure I've said here before, senryu are very similar to haiku. The primary difference often being the lack of a word that indicates the season of the scene. But even that is often no way to distinguish senryu from haiku, as modern haiku writers often dispense with a season word (as I mostly do). Senryu also tend to be about the human condition, as opposed to nature. And again, this distinction is not always there between these two very similar forms. I'd say the single thing that most often prompts me to label one of mine a senryu is humor. Though haiku can also be humorous. Ultimately, it's frequently a toss up for me whether it's a senryu or haiku. I will hasten to add, there are writers and aficionados of both forms who would heartily disagree with me in what I've said here. As there are many schools of thought on both of these forms. Photo "Water, Water, Everywhere..." (2-13-17 009v2) by Roswila. And

♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ♥♥]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger LGD said...

Ha ha! Great truth in this :)

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Glad you got a laugh out of this, I did too. If anybody had seen/heard me in the elevator they'd have sent for the white coats! How's winter been treating you where you are? Snowy, I bet. We're getting lots of rain (at last!) and it's looking hopeful that the lake that supplies our water may actually fill up again. Well, that's a bit of an overstatement. We'd be needing an ark if that happened this winter. But it's doing lots better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home