Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, February 06, 2017

WHAT THE SHADOWS KNOW (photomorph) & YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE & EAT IT, TOO (dream narrative) by Roswila


YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT, TOO

he could not care less about her upset,
not getting that she has to find one
of those private little down ramp exits
from the supermarket she's used before:
I know they're here, she says irritably, I've
pushed my full food cart with ease down
and out ahead of me on one many times,
and I'm really anxious to get out of here,
to leave all this glaring temptation behind

she wanders the aisles alone, checking
the shadowy bottom shelves where the exits
usually wait, but there's not one anywhere
in sight; of course she could always just walk
out the way everyone else does, down a wide,
well lit aisle, but as always denial's got
her good: I will not go out that sunny
front door, she mumbles, I do things my
own way, not to mention, that what I buy
to eat's no one's business but my own

the cart seems unusually cumbersome
today, as she continues to search for an escape
from this den of temptation that she can be
comfortable with: maybe it's all
the binge food she's stuffed it with
that's making it so hard to steer


[narrative on a dream of 2-5-17. Photomorph "What the Shadows Know" (5-27-15 017v6) by Roswila)

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home