Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, February 09, 2017

OCEAN REFLECTIONS (photomorph) & MORNING WALK AFTER A NIGHT OF RAIN (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


MORNING WALK AFTER A NIGHT OF RAIN

off for my usual walk, feeling
unusually and acutely lonely:
could loneliness be a fraudulent
understanding we perpetrate
on ourselves to excuse a huge
intimidating world?

* * * *

a puddle overflows the old
curb cutaway: the wet trail
of my walker wheels
on the sidewalk after I cross it:
will what I leave behind in this life
fade away as quickly?

* * * *

everywhere, rain drops!
I refuse to reduce this glistening
world to an echo of my constant
sorrowing tears

* * * *

thank heavens for the open
doors of our senses: the caw-
caw-cawing of crows swooping
above as I watch one search
beneath an old willow, its black
all the more intense against
the damp green grass, I'm certain
whatever it finds will be a gem
of the moment

* * * *

stay with me, ocean, remind me
when all seems gone or useless
that yours is the way home
if not home itself, far better
to be on the way than stuck waiting
for Godot, endlessly chewing over
what was and might have been
or imagining the worst of futures;
remind me, ocean, of your way,
of your salty wake up scent,
of your way with stones and shells
and broken glass and how you
make art of them all, of your
endless alterations, and most of all
of your echoes in the pumping
of my heart's chambers


[non-dream free verse poem written 2-8-17. I actually have 21 sections like the five above; these five were the ones that speak to me today and seem to fit together. I can imagine the others may very well show up in future poems. BTW, they were all written on my long walk to the ocean yesterday. Or rather the notes were taken for each image as I experienced it, which meant lots more stopping than usual to scribble in my little note pad. A fun adventure, even as I sorrowed and thought and maundered my way to the beach overlook park. Photomorph "Ocean Reflections" (5-24-15 056v6n) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home