Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, February 05, 2017

HOW THE CHRYSALIS SEES IT (photomorph) & A NIGHT OF WISHFULFILLMENT (two dream narratives) by Roswila


A NIGHT OF WISH FULFILLMENT

we watch the large butterfly, just out
of its cocoon, swoop around the room,
and I'm moved to tell her that many years
ago a white butterfly followed me around
on a hike, flitting from bush to bush until
when I stopped to check it out more closely,
it flew straight up in the air and then as I held
my breath, landed on the back of my hand ...
both my friend and I know I'm hoping
this one, too, will feel safe enough to perch
on me, and just as we silently acknowledge
this yearning of mine with small smiles,
it flaps up to me and lands over my heart;
I'm certain my friend's startled reaction
will chase it off but it doesn't budge; in fact,
it feels as solidly attached to my breast pocket
as a brooch; I now become concerned as it's
far too delicate to stay there over my tumultuous
heart for any real length of time, so I try
lightly shooing it away, but it doesn't spook;
I begin to feel almost burrowed into by its
definite presence; what an odd turn of events:
a wish granted, but now how do I deal
with its delicate persistence

* * * *

I'm hugely pregnant and have been hobbling
around the two story wood-frame beach house
I share with a friend; when I approach the stairs
and sigh, girding my spirit and legs and big belly
for the climb, my roommate quickly raises her
hands in the air, mumbles a short spell, and
VOILA!
the stairs turn into a long, low angle ramp,
after which she adds that all the stairs
in the house are also now ramps: the baby
moves suddenly inside me as if jumping
with delight, as I would if I could


[narratives on two separate dreams of 2-4-17. BTW, the butterfly memory dreamed/shared actually did happen to me on a hike, back in the middle 1980's. I've had many stair climbing dreams over the years and there's always some sort of problem with the stairs themselves (e.g., an entire missing section of steps). Problems I always deal with on my own. This is the first time there was another person's intervention, and also a total transformation of the stairs. Both wish dreams are largely about transformation and they will generate an interesting Tarot card reading tonight, I'm sure. I would not have given a plug nickel I'd have had any sort of positive dreams last night, given the state in which I went to sleep. Photo "How the Chrysalis Sees It" (3-31-15 016v7a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home