Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, December 22, 2016

MISGIVINGS (photomorph) & UNTIL IT HAPPENS (dream narrative) by Roswila


UNTIL IT HAPPENS

pregnant but not yet showing
though my due date's Christmas Day,
I'm grateful the airport I wait in
is not overly crowded (which
is surprising given it's so close
to the year end holidays)

I wander around in the sunny,
high ceilinged space, aware of men's
approving glances, wondering
how they'd react if they knew of
my "delicate condition"

and I quickly find myself worrying
if I'll be a fully loving mother, once
meeting the needs of another soul
has to and always will come before
my own, something I'd assumed I have
what it takes to do, but how can I know
until it happens?

then Michele Obama graciously
approaches and gently commandeers me
to stack a mess of art supplies neatly
and safely against a wall, while she turns
her full attention to a six year old girl
who will some day use the supplies

I make short, efficient work
of the assignment, and wander on,
though maybe I should have stretched out
the task, since only being in close
proximity to the tender attention our
(soon to be ex-) First Lady was giving
the girl, has eased my anxiety


[narrative on a dream of 12-21-16. Phew! One of those jam packed, multi-leveled dreams. Way too much to go into here, but I will say it both scares me (can I handle whatever it is that may be coming) and gives me a lot of hope. Photomorph "Misgivings" (11-8-16 003v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home