Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, November 28, 2016

STEALING THE NIGHT SKY (photomorph) & WINDY MORNING (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WINDY MORNING

the wind wraps my long braid
around my neck like a prehensile tail,
tree branches exclaim in dark
contortions as if trying to hold on to
the passing white clouds,
and underneath it all the ocean
tosses up dreams of snapping saw teeth:
a deeply glorious morning


[non-dream free verse poem written 11-28-16. Photomorph "Stealing the Night Sky" (10-15-16 020v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger VCW said...

Beautiful imagery. I love it. You really seem to love nature as I do. Thanks for sharing some of your joy although imbued with the clawing and biting of HUMAN nature. Again I love it.

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, nature rescues me from myself all the time. I can be lost in some miserable internal loop and a cloud formation or a palm's shadows will pull me right out into the day again. I remember your love of nature (your photo of a red bird, was it, at a window? eloquently speaks of that love). Thanks as always for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home