Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, November 27, 2016

FENCED IN (photo) & PROTECTIVE CUSTODY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


PROTECTIVE CUSTODY

should I even write about this dream?
simply thinking about it starts me sobbing,
but to be honest many things these
days bring on a tumultuous, long waterfall

so why not: my brother (the middle
aged, as opposed to senior version)
and I have overcome our estrangement

it happened out of nowhere, we'd not even
been trying to, and now all's fine
between us as far as I'm concerned;
then I see him approaching from the end
of a hallway, looking hesitant
and a bit sad

once we're standing face to face
I get the sense he wants a hug but believes
it's not possible because things aren't
fully healed on my side

however, they most definitely are OK
and I take a shot, opening my arms, saying
that of course I still care, will always care,
that even when we were estranged
I loved him, that love does not die
when it goes into protective custody

it just curls up and cries through
the long winter nights (and days) alone


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-25-16. Although this is certainly about my actual brother (whom I'd been estranged from for many years when he died three years ago), it's as much about other relationships, as well. It may seem strange, but this song is what I woke up singing in my mind after this dream: Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You. The poem's title image connects the dream to this song. Photo "Fenced In" (10-22-16 022v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home