Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

HOMEWARD BOUND (photo) & ON MYTHS & MOURNING (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


ON MYTHS & MOURNING

good-bye yellow brick road:
there's no Oz (wizard or place),
no wise Scarecrow,
no loving Tin Man,
no courageous Lion

and after all the dust and fury of that sudden
tornado, after missing that practical balloon
ride back, and not even after putting faith in
(of all things!) a pair of magic shoes,
there certainly isn't any ordinary Kansas
to go to home to, either

just this wasteland of mourning, spreading
as far as the eye can see and distressed heart
can reach, nothing but this endless grieving
for what never even had a chance to be,
never lifted an open face to the light
like a pale green shoot unfurling
toward the sun as earth crumbled
away from its rise

this necessary grieving of a life time
of what never was, what never grew,
disrupted by a desire for another massive
tornado to sweep in and maybe, just maybe,
this time toss up a truly magical pair
of ruby slippers for that journey
to the profoundly compelling,
mythic place called home


[non-dream free verse poem written 10-3-16. Photomorph "Homeward Bound" (8-10-16 028v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)

; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM , Blogger Jim said...

Oh Patricia, you are bursting my Buddy Bubble. But not really, Mr. Tin Man and I have been together blogging poetry for years. He is in my
Blogger Profile picture, we are posed having a chat alongside "The Yellow Brick Road." I revisited him again a few weeks ago, in his garden beside 'the road'. My latest issue of "Jim's Little Blog", last Friday's, has a few pictures of the garden. There I didn't post his picture, I'll save that for a later posting. Perhaps on my Photo and Poetry blog. Mr. Tin Man has aged some and has rusted a little bit more, they must not be oiling him often enough.
I came here via an older comment that you had left on my poetry blog. I do that sometimes to see who of my old blogging buddies who traveled in different circles are still writing and posting. I was pleased to see you here. I hope retirement is treating you well. My retirement, fifteen years now, has been a blessing for me. I mostly link and write with a group at the "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads." I don't have time to be a Toad so then I am considered a visitor. Not a problem for me.
..

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I just left a full answer to your very welcome comment, on your blog. Happy almost Halloween!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home