Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 30, 2016

LIGHTING UP THE NIGHT (photomorph) & HEART TUGGING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


HEART TUGGING

the dream flickers like an ancient
silent movie, the steadiest
projection of this enchanting
scene: the mother figure, young
and dark-haired she fills
the white wood house with her
essence, like the aroma
of baking bread

less reliably sighted but present
often enough to be savored
briefly and then happily waited for,
the father form, dark haired also,
with a ready smile and a charm
that teases and tickles

the least easily spotted but most
deeply heart tugging of the trio,
a toddler boy, the shine in his curly black
hair like stars in the on-coming night

even as the dream's eye manages
to embrace all three of these figures
flickering together, friendly ghosts
in their phantom summer home,
they radiate away into the night
like the last warmth of sunset
from a bare brick wall


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-29-16. I've mentioned here (but not in a very long time) how I am occasionally very mildly telepathic in a dream. I don't think I've ever said how I also think I sometimes dream other people's dreams. It's also not unusual (as dream research has shown) for people to dream the same dream. In all these cases it's said to be because there's a personal resonance in the content for the dreamer with the content of the other person's dream or thoughts. I agree completely based on my experience. Although as usual here, I can't back up my sense I was dreaming another person's dream with any details, my gut feeling is extremely strong that I was. Also as usual, I even have a sense whose dream it was. However, let me emphasize, this dream is clearly very much applicable to my own life. Which is why my dreaming mind fished this dream "out of the ether," down along my connection to someone else. And one more point: when I feel I'm dreaming another person's dream I also feel it's because they aren't and that it needs to be dreamed. I never check out these sorts of dreams with folk as it tends to spook them out or turn them off. However, I did have a couple of them confirmed many years ago when I was sharing them as "plain" dreams. Also let me emphasize: these dreams are never invasive. I do not learn secrets, and rarely feel anything that I have not already sensed via my waking intuition and empathy. I.e., it's not the contents or details of the other person's dream that matter to me, it's the brief connection the dream provides to the other person. Photomorph "Lighting Up the Night" (9-15-16 008v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM , Blogger VCW said...

This dream seemed familiar to me, especially the first lines as I live in an old white farmhouse. Then as I read on the de ja' vu of it passed... Then... I get to your statement about dreaming other peoples dreams and it shivered over me again. I don't think it was my dream, but somehow I was touched.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Maybe I'm a dream sampler, taking bits from different people's dreams and pasting them together. :-) Seriously, though, since we have just gotten back in touch that house might have "come from" you. BTW, this is such a sad dream, reflecting a deep mourning I've been going through. Won't go on here about all that. Will save that sort of stuff for emails. (Thanks for your email addy.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home