Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, April 14, 2016

PETROGLYPH (photomorph) & MY PETROGLYPH (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


MY PETROGLYPH

as he walks toward me back lit
by late evening's glow I'm struck
again by his silhouette's resemblance
to that broad shouldered petroglyph
design that filled the center
of an old tee shirt of mine
"You're my petroglyph,"
I think wistfully with that little
leap in my stomach that always
comes with a sighting of him,
raising that yearning once more
to explore the unknowns
of his flesh and mind, and not
be left alone again with this hot impression
brushed across the breast of my desire,
tantalizingly ancient, and less
substantial than a shadow


-- non-dream free verse poem written 4-13-16. The photo above is a slight re-working today of an old one of mine (my skills have improved since first editing it), "Petroglyph" (9-16-11 112853v2).

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above images for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home