Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 16, 2016

SINGING FOR THE STARS (photo) & A PERILOUS GAME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A PERILOUS GAME

dream one:

that would-be beau of mine (I don't know why we
haven't gone that way yet) inquires in his usual flirty
fashion if I know "Wally's," the upstairs restaurant
that has such a relaxed ambience, and when I nod "yes"
he leans much closer and almost whispers in my ear
"Would you like to have a leisurely dinner
with me there, right now?"

the night time city streets around us quiet suddenly,
not even the murmur of tires rises as if the city
holds its breath beneath the small music
of the stars while, with thumping heart,
I say what feels like a long fated yes


dream two:

a young dark haired, middle European woman competes
on T.V.'s "Jeopardy," embracing two light brown,
cardboard cutouts against her breasts like babies
and smiling almost beatifically

and indeed, she explains, they represent her infants,
the ones she just gave birth to here in the States,
her double joy re-doubled when the government
allowed her to stay here to raise them

and then, she adds brightly in her charming accent,
that's why she's here: using her deep memory
and quick intelligence to support her brand new
family by competing in this perilous game


[free verse poem on two dreams from 4-15-16. As I know I've mentioned here before, twins often represent something new is in the offing. I hope so. Since I turned 72 in January I've had this thirst (in just about every way) for newness. I almost feel like an adolescent again, with all its accompanying angst, as well. Photo "Singing for the Stars" (10-24-15 012v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home