Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 27, 2015

TICKLED PINK! (photomorph) & NEW DANCE TO OLD MUSIC (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


NEW DANCE TO OLD MUSIC

the new dance style in this futuristic dream
requires three people, not two as in ages past

I adjust quickly and even find it fun,
the odd number creating a spontaneous edge

but as quickly as I fit in a fourth joins us,
Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise*

I'm so happy to see him, and whisper into his ear,
it's been way too long since we've hooked arms

things shift rapidly, I find myself responsible
for helping a woman change the music floppies**

no one actually tells me to do so, it just falls
to me as no one else is and she's totally befuddled

having little tech leaning myself it's a bit like
the blind leading the blind as I feel my way through

I turn the machine around and find a mass of cryptic
labels in the plastic inviting my best guess pushing

... and out comes "Jingle Bell Rock," I dance to it
delightedly, wearing only my light blue nightgown

I'm exposed again, but this time it's quite OK,
not because I know I'm dreaming, but since for once
I feel good about myself in such a social happening


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-26-15. *He was as much this character, as the actor who played it, Patrick Stewart. I'm a Star Trek fan from the classic days of that old T.V. show, through it's several spin offs. **Remember those old computer floppy disks? That's pretty much what the music was on. It's the mix of old and new that I find most intriguing in this dream. (The Star Trek reference incorporating both: an old show about the future.) And, yes, this dream was vaguely lucid -- knowing one is dreaming while one is dreaming -- the lucidity sort of washing in and out. Here's the lyrics to that old Christmas song, "Jingle Bell Rock," which I woke up singing. Photomorph "Tickled Pink!" (12-8-15 009v7a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home