Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 21, 2015

NO EXIT (photomorph) & LIFE IN PRISON (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


LIFE IN PRISON

we're on a group tour
of a small island prison country
I'm particularly
curious about what their arts
are like but haven't seen any yet

there are no prison
cells, just hotel-like rooms in which
the inmates reside,
and in which each of we tourists
stay, the inmates crowded elsewhere

after my uneasy
one-night stay in a large suite/cell,
I'm running quite late
for the tour's departure on the next
leg of this quick prison island trip

I hurry to pack up
doing my best to leave things just
as I found them,
it's said some tourists fully clean
a messy room they've stayed in,

as I was told, "... in order to be generous,"
but I think its effect's just the opposite

after all, the prisoners have little choice about anything,
they can at least live in their own cell spaces as they will

but worse yet (a thought that gives me shivers) a disturbed
or cleaned cell's a reminder their space was invaded, again

* * * *

[tanka series capped by two-liners on a dream of 12-20-15. On another topic altogether, I'd like to wish you all a HAPPY SOLSTICE. It may be the shortest day of the year. But beginning tomorrow the days will ever so gradually increase in length (even as we go deeper into winter). Which means my S.A.D. will also start easing gradually. Photomorph "No Exit" (11-24-15 050v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home