Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, September 05, 2015

NEON RAINBOW (photomorph) & IN THE SKY (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


IN THE SKY

dream one:

look! up in the sky
a huge ribbon of bright colors
no, not a rainbow
an actual paper ribbon
arching over the high roofs

will the small ribbon
I hold rolled up in my hand
display such color?
I let it loose onto to the wind
and watch it lazily unfurl

its many colors take quite a while to appear
popping one by one in their own good time

and what better thing to do this sunny afternoon
than to watch the advent of a would be rainbow


dream two:

like Superman sans telephone booth
he morphs from a plain Joe into Batman,
though his cape and tight onesie
appear in shades of light grey,
not his usual black

all this happens during his leap
from one building top to another,
his feet barely touching the second roof
before he takes off again into the air

from where I watch on the sidewalk below
my inner superhero quickly responds
and I morph even as I fly up
to meet with him in the sky

one might well wonder
what brewing situation calls forth
this convergence of archetypes


[2 tanka & 2 two-liners (dream one) & free verse (dream two), based on dreams of 9-4-15. As I've mentioned here before, sometimes a theme gets explored and/or clarified in an evening's dreams. E.g., I see several echoes of the first dream's images in the second's. BTW, that first line is straight from that famous line about Superman "Look! Up in the sky, is it a bird? is it a plane? No, it's Superman!" I didn't dream that line, but it popped the minute I placed pencil to blank page earlier this morning. Photomorph "Neon Rainbow" (9-2-09 6439v2h) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home