Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 04, 2015

UP A TREE (photomorph) & SHE'S NOT HEAVY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


SHE'S NOT HEAVY

omigawd!
she's trying to get down
out of that top level
of the bunk bed by herself

what can I do, though,
she's like a hippopotamus
trying to fumble its way
out of a tree and she'd no more
pay attention to, much less
understand any guidance
from me than a water horse

just look at her!
upside down and backwards
on that ladder, she'll land
on that old grey head of hers ...

well, at least I can be a living
safety net and hold her tight
from my standing vantage
as she inches her way along,
rung by rung ...

gawd! she's big, but I've got a good
grip on her, and she's not heavy,
she's my sister


[free verse poem on a dream of 9-3-15. Yes, that reference at the end is to the old song He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother. I didn't hear that song in the dream. But it was an immediate and strong association as I drafted this poem. BTW, the woman in the dream was a stranger, another old lady like I am. With vague associations to a couple of different old women I befriended in my youth, as well as some I know now. There's also a clear association to my actual younger brother (who died a while back). Not to mention a sense this scene is also about my own inner struggles. All of which makes this a jam packed little dream. Photomorph "Up A Tree" (9-2-09 6439v2gb) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home