Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 29, 2014

DANCING ISLES (photomorph) & STILLER WATER (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


STILLER WATER

stiller water out
beyond the heavily
breaking waves
beckons her

she lifts the surfboard
holding it at an angle
trying to get past        get past
slip over and through
what is already broken

to wait in the shimmering
stillness of the possible
for a wide curl
to ride artfully
down


[non-dream free verse poem written in October of 2008 & revised in December 2014. Photomorph "Dancing Isles" (11-26-14 009v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 AM , Blogger Richard Spiegel said...

The "stillness of the possible" is a wonderful line.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Glad you like it. I've been fussing at this poem since I wrote it a few years ago. And that image is one that came in this last round of revising. Thanks, BTW, for the new Waterways issue. It felt really comforting to see my dream poem about my brother in print. As you know, he died just a year ago, so I've been thinking a lot about him. And on a lighter note: Happy New Year to everyone in your home!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger LGD said...

I like the repeat of 'past' in the one line. It made me stop thinking of the obstacle, and instead think of time. The past. Sometimes the past seems a time of calm, but we forget how much turmoil there was then, as now. We remember only that we got, umm, past it.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, I really like your additional take on the repeat of "get past," LGD. Though I personally don't have much in the past that seems very calm. In fact, settling it down seems to consume the lion's share of my dream work. Therefore, it's helpful to be reminded not everyone views their pasts as I do. On to today and beyond: I hope you and yours have a very Happy New Year, and a whole lot to be grateful for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home