Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 22, 2014

THE PLANS COLLAPSE (photomorph) & THE RULES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE RULES

the urge to say something
about that dream from last night
hangs around like a hunger
in my stomach for food I can't have

like those chocolate candies
forever now beyond my reach
but only through a matter of will
not money or propinquity
(especially this time of year
with boxes of chocolates
in varied shapes and fillings
left in our community's public spaces)

and those sweet and oh so passing
delights remain no more available
to me than the leavings
of that dream I can almost see

maybe not so sweet
nay even a little creepy
around its wispy edges
but I recall being told we'd succeeded
in collaborating on a plan for a new home
from blank page to living diagram

and here's a briefly satisfying
if vaguely scary indulgence:
the blueprint (white lines on black
in the dream that keeps running
away from me ... or I from it?) shimmers
with the figure of a man

I think of Slenderman* and shiver,
then of a golem ... I'd much prefer
a golem, one of those clay
human-shaped creatures
from Discworld**

at least a Discworld golem
has a list of rules that govern its
behavior inside its earthen head

and I'm good at ferreting out
the rules, no matter where
or how deeply buried


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-21-14. *Slenderman. **Discworld golems. Phew! For barely a fragment of the dream, that "blueprint" has generated a slew of intense associations. Though none of this is without a certain humor to it. The Discworld series of books are by the past master of satirical fantasy humor, Terry Pratchett. In fact, humor may be the ultimate point to the dream. I.e., that I not lose my sense of humor. Which is, to me, a great way to maintain perspective. Photomorph "The Plans Collapse" (12-20-14 010v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home