Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 19, 2014

EPIPHANY (photomorph) & THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER (dream monologue) by Roswila


THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER

something about her posture telegraphs
"shadow figure," but I dismiss this
as armchair psychology

then there's that gangly young
golden retriever she's brought to live
in our home against my expressed wishes,
that simply won't stop talking

now, you might well point out
I should be more interested in the fact
that this dog talks and even more so
in what it's saying, than in my pique
at this unwanted house pet
that will need my care and attention

but pique wins out ...
oh, and I forgot to mention that the dog
is rumored to speak only the truth
(as if "rumor" and "truth" can ever actually
appear together in the same situation!)

however, let me add this in defense
of my angry defensiveness: the manner
in which a truth is brought home
can matter as much as the truth itself


[monologue on a dream of 12-17-14. To wax psychological, I hear this dream saying (in part) that our shadows can sometimes bring good (golden) things home to us. (In this case, since it's a dog, maybe something instinctual and energetic that's been hidden or lost or denied.) And I have several associations to the dog breed (e.g. gold is solar/masculine, and to retrieve is to bring back, to recover). Then there's the thought I had after drafting this monologue: the dream might have been headed (in my experience dreams don't have discrete ends) toward a realization that one might do best to look past the manner of presentation to the truth presented. Maybe that realization is the recovered gold. BTW, this dream was ever so vaguely lucid -- knowing while dreaming that one is dreaming -- as seen in the analysis of the female figure at the beginning. Photomorph "Epiphany" (9-2-09 6439ev2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home