Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

FIRE FINGERS (photomorph) & THE LOOSEY-GOOSEY FIRE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE LOOSEY-GOOSEY FIRE

my friend stands up to speak
to the meeting of folk overflowing
this white wood community house

her question is off the point
of the discussion but intriguing
and definitely not run-of-the-mill

the meeting leader cuts her off rudely,
tersely noting that the question
is off topic, and then reiterates
the discussion theme as if my friend
had not been able to grasp it

I'm royally p.o.'d! just a wee bit
of tact would have gone a long way,
or better yet, first briefly addressing
what my creative friend was raising
and then guiding the conversation back
on its conservative track

I jump to my feet fulminating
"I've had it! I'll not stand for this
one second more!" and rush out
wrestling my way through the crowd
of seated and silent attendees

the exit area's even more crowded
with the fringe folk of the community,
bikers in their black leather,
lounging every which way
unnecessarily further telegraphing
their disregard for all rules

they take obvious and discomfiting
note of me as I squeeze awkwardly
through them to get away
from this gathering

and my anger's usurped, lifted off
like the lid from an over boiling
pot of stew:

have all I done is jump
from the constricting frying pan
into the loosey-goosey fire?


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-23-14. And, yes, I have been able to see for some time that there's a third option. And "see" is the operative word in that sentence. Or rather, an unattached perception (as distinct from belief). However, these oppositions are deeply ingrained and very sticky (another belief :-D). Photomorph "Fire Fingers" (12-23-14 012v6c) by Roswila. And last, but certainly not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS! BLESSED YULE! JOYFUL KWANZA!]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home