Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

TEAL TICKLERS (photo art) & UNDER THE EL TRAIN STATION (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


UNDER THE EL TRAIN STATION

the dark leafed bush is known to bear
three different types of blossoms --
I'm not surprised to learn only one
springs naturally from the plant's genes:
a small coral flower that's already
bloomed and faded rapidly,
trailing a lingering soft scent

the other two were grafted long ago
to the main branches, the one now
peaking out shines in shades of teal,
displaying an upturned petal cup
on either end of its pipe-like horizontal
blossom, rather like the scales of Justice
weighing the moment, and is the only
one of the three to bear a name:
"Hollow Wallow"

and now the long awaited season of the third
of the grafted blooms begins, though none
as yet are opened or giving any hint
of shape or color to come from beneath
their petals spiraling close around
each center like untried wings


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-2-14. The more I've been typing and deleting what I see in this dream the more I find it difficult to get down clearly in words. The layers slip around and defy expression. Yes, simply put: past, present, future. But which and whose? Yes, a world time line but also a personal one. Then again, what about this ephemeral past/present/future rising and falling and rising again beneath my fingers as I type that is (to my understanding) the fabric of it all? Ah well, I'm sounding here much like that second stanza, trying to weigh something that's gone as soon as I reach out to put it on the scales. Of course none of this addresses that third stanza. I guess I'll go with the urge to pin that third down and say maybe I could just relax and let all things unfold, be surprised and grateful as they do, and then let them go (fly away). Then there's where the bush is growing, on street level in the shadows of an overhead elevated train station. That has more layers than an onion. Sigh, I think I'll just let the dream do its work with no further fussing by me. BTW, at a gut level I do feel this is a positive dream. Despite or maybe even because it runs through my fingers like water when I try to wrestle it to the mat. Photo art "Teal Ticklers" (3-3-14a 015v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Kenyon Gordon said...

Delightful to catch up with you on here ! I hope that you HAVEN'T MISSED VERY MANY AUTUMNS since we last saw each other and that the time apart has been for you more than a TRUDGE into the future ! I am kenyongordonactor@gmail.com....Beautiful work ,as always !

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

What a nice surprise to hear from you, Kenyon. And to have words from my some of my oldest poems quoted after all these years (both flattering and proof of your good memory). Of course, I also appreciate the compliment. And hope that the word "actor" in your email addy is a reflection of much creativity and employment in your life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home