Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, February 24, 2014

GOING VIRAL (photo art) & THE TYRO & THE TESTY TECH (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE TYRO & THE TESTY TECH

"... but I cleaned all these programs
off my computer as you told me to,"
I assert, "why are they back on
and causing me so much grief?"

the young male techie
insists I must be mistaken,
that the programs couldn't simply
reappear, there's no magic
to computers, only logic

I retort how I've heard about viral
lines of coding written initially
as protection, that know when a program
disappears from one's computer, then
connect to the internet to retrieve it

the dark haired bespectacled techie
stifles a dismissive eye-ball rolling
glance at me as he mumbles
that there is no such thing

ah well, I think to myself, just because
you've not heard of it, my fine young man,
doesn't mean it doesn't exist, much less
that it's not wreaking havoc on my system

guess I'll have to feel my way
through a search on my computer
for those malicious lines of coding

it won't be the first time
I've had to learn how to do something
by following my own nose


[narrative on a dream of 2-22-14. As I woke from this dream I was already in the process of comparing this to our brains' neural networks, memory storage and retrieval, and so on. Photo art "Going Viral" (3-27-10 8680v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home