Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, February 22, 2014

GOTCHA! (photo) & AT THE SAME TIME (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


AT THE SAME TIME

the new meditation coach
gently yet definitely skewers
my favorite visualization,
telling a student how the tree
climbing image she's been using
remains one of the least
effective ways to achieve the goal

the instructor goes on to praise
another pupil who'd artlessly
achieved sangha,* sliding into
the sought after state almost
as an after thought

during all this tutoring
she doesn't even glance
in my direction --
which must take some effort
given I am one of only
three students --
leaving me to spiral in the dry
winds of this obstacle course,
wondering how one can feel
invisible and shot down
at the same time


[free verse poem on a dream of 2-21-14. *Yes, one might think the word here should be "samadhi" (intense meditative concentration) and not "sangha" (a Buddhist community of monks, nuns, students, and laity). But sangha is the word I heard. And it brings a particular focus to the dream: my struggles with living in a community for the first time in my life since I moved to CA six years ago. While "at the same time" referencing the community I've lived with inside myself all my life. (About which I've posted a couple of dream pieces recently.) And that inner community is more of a handful to handle any day than the actual one I'm in now. "At the same time" this dream addresses my worries in particular relationships, both past and present. Hm, that teacher may have been right. Trying to climb each and every branch on the tree of this dream "at the same time" may be a problem in itself. :-) Oh no, another thought: is this dream suggesting a sense of community is not something to be sought after per se, or struggled for, but rather is a result of living one's life right where one is. Much like that expression "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." Photo "Gotcha!" (2-8-14a 003v3 2-12-14) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home