Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

WHERE'D THE ROSE GO? (photo art) & ALL THIS CHANGING (dream narrative) by Roswila


ALL THIS CHANGING

oh s--t! I've locked myself out!
should I just keep going and see
what all the celebratory fuss
on the boardwalk is about?

nah, I'll just be p.o.'d at myself
when I get back later all tired
I might as well bother the landlord
or neighbors now to get back in

but it seems there's no one else home
in our white clapboard house-cum-
apartment-building, not even the janitor

now what do I do? call a locksmith, no,
no, way, much too expensive ...
then as if by magic I'm in the lobby
but it seems it's nothing magical
I've had the dang keys all along

I hurry up the stairs to my apartment,
but where is it? the entire layout
of the third floor has changed, and is still
altering even as I stand here:
just when I settle on an apartment door
being here, it's over there, all with no fuss,
oops! now gone from there to by the steps

I stop a short middle-aged woman
with deep auburn hair as she heads
for the so far unmoving stairs:
what's going on!? I say, she winces
at the high pitch of my voice then shrugs
and continues on the down the stairs

then I get more panicky when I think
are the floors stable?
what if I manage to find
my rooms and enter them,
with all this changing, will there be
any ground left to stand upon?


[narrative on a dream of 2-23-14. This is a new take on a recurring dream image of mine. One I've had over the decades, though not very frequently. I climb or try to climb apartment stairs and there's usually something odd or missing about them. I don't ever recall finding things in a state of flux as they are above. I'm actually encouraged by this dream but it's too much to go into here. Suffice it to say part of me is in a panic about changes I've been and will continue to make. Best I be very conscious of these feelings or I could find myself in a sink hole! (And that's only partly a joke.) Photo art "Where'd the Rose Go?" (11-19-09 8256ev6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[aka: Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home