Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

GOOSEBUMPS (photo) & A SINGLE SONG (dreamku series) by Roswila



A SINGLE SONG

the singles party
grows as I watch from a
balcony perch
I know I'd find it useless
to attend and accept my envy

their clear enjoyment
engages me briefly as some
climb down a blue wall
of dense spongey material
with huge graspable bumps

a man I’m all too
familiar with enters
the fun -- as always
he’s clearly on the prowl
handsome, dark, and dangerous

I want nothing but
distance from this odious
international spy
yet wind up in an office with
him and a shadowy woman

he begins to sing
a sweet ballad hoping to
seduce one of us
his voice is soft and tender
how can this be …

how can he clearly
feel the depths of the ballad
he sings, describing
the woods in which The Buddha
lives yet enjoy a brutal job

more disturbing yet
why am I moved by his singing
and struggling with sobs --
he feels my intense response
as I hastily look away

I refuse to be known as the woman
who could be bought for a song


[tanka series topped by a two-liner on a dream of 7-16-12. I’ve commented on other dreams in which I think I’ve seen animus figures. This is another one. If I recall correctly, in Jungian theory the advent of a more mature animus can sometimes be heralded in dreams by a threatening, even criminal male figure. But of course, this figure seems to be taking a long time to really arrive, as I’ve had many dreams of this sort of male over the years. Ah, well, if for no other reason I am grateful for this dream: it was truly lovely to be sung to. And I do note that this may be the first animus figure with a connection in any way to the spiritual (that song about The Buddha). So this may indicate a very slight advance, as a developed animus is said to provide an avenue to the spiritual. Photo “Goosebumps” by Roswila]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and OPENING TO THE LIGHT.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home