Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, July 14, 2012

JOINING THE HERD (photo) & A PEGASUS HERD (dreamku series) by Roswila



A PEGASUS HERD

she listens endlessly
from the large circle of students
“Time to get moving”
their teacher suddenly says,
“I’ll show you the best way”

but as always she
goes her own way, starting a
walking exercise
she’d learned long ago when young
and still so impressionable

she makes windmill strokes
with her long arms, curving her palms
to create air drag
she notes a tug upward as if
she were about to take off

as her feet lift from
the ground and she starts to pump
along with her legs,
someone exclaims to the others
“Look! Look what she’s doing!”

she rises quickly
her now aerial breast stroke
shaping up nicely
she warms to the coordination
required between arms and legs

soaring above the
curved cables of a huge bridge
she marvels at the clouds
“Maybe I’ll discover
a Pegasus herd,” she thinks

but has she flown too
high to find her house again
she peers through the clouds,
“Ah, yes, there’s the city in
the harbor,” and she slows to land

wondering why most
know only the grace-filled earth
while some must sound the sky


[seven tanka and a dreamku on a dream of 7-14-12. Photo “Joining the Herd” by Roswila (F.Y.I., those slight rainbow colors were actually there; they were what caused a friend to chase after me excitedly asking if I had my camera with me; note also that lemniscate shape at the top of the photo)]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and OPENING TO THE LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home