Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, July 09, 2012

SOUL SUPPORT (photo) & EYE CANDY (dreamku) by Roswila




EYE CANDY

I smile to myself
as two men in drag walk up
the steep wooded hill
their shapely shaven legs
pale and totally exposed

which pair of columns do I like best
the massively buff or the taut slim jims


[a tanka and two-liner on a dream of 6-27-12. Photo “Soul Support” by Roswila. A comment on the title of this over two year old picture: it was named a long time ago, but on noting it today it gave me a starting point for relating to this funny little dream. In Jungian psychology, the male within a woman's psyche [animus; the woman in man, anima] is said to be "a mediator of spiritual profundity" -- at least at its most developed level. As with everything, the animus goes through stages of development. Don't think the above stage is very profound, but I certainly am enjoying it in this dream. My dreams do keep coming back to this aspect of the growing edge, taking it all -- especially one's self -- more lightly. This is not to ignore the inspiration in this dream to get my own beleaguered legs into better shape.]

BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO DREAMKU (& PHOTOS): The dream-based poems posted on this blog -- dreamku, tanka, two-liners, and monoku -- are offered in the spirit of collaboration. I have done my part. Now it’s your turn to jump in and see what comes up for you. I.e., there is no right or wrong way to understand or interpret any of these dream offerings. Even my own understandings of them change over time. And it gives me joy when a reader sees something in any of them that I have not.

For more in-depth exploration:

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a brief up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,






If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT; and OPENING TO THE LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home