Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, April 07, 2011

ALL DAILY DREAMKU, TANKA & PHOTOS POSTED IN MARCH 2011 by Roswila

Nothing much new and yet a lot’s changed and changing.

The earthquake and tsunami in Japan is reflected in a metaphoric way in the second half of my two part dreamku of March 10. I didn’t read the news of it until after I’d had the dream. And an image of a radioactive wind showed in an early April dream that will be posted here next month. I don’t want to trivialize all the natural events and civil uprisings that are happening on Gaia these days. However, I think my internal upheavals echo it all in a nano-way. I hasten to add I still have a great deal to be grateful for.

By the way, a doctor claimed the daily, nearly passing out spells I'd been having were not due to the new blood pressure meds I'd been put on. Yet my intuition continued to nag me that it was otherwise. So I went off the meds out of fear I’d a break a bone or crack this skull of mine further in a fall than it already is. I’ve not had one even vague dizzy spell since the day I stopped taking them.

Lastly, this sample from March 4th reflects the many partings, including a couple of deaths, among fellow residents in the Retirement Community I live in:

FAREWELLS

so many farewells
vacations or visits ending
time that they go home

the atmosphere floods
with claims they’ll stay in touch
spoken or implied
although some sadness floats up
all’s fine, even embraceable



ALL DAILY DREAMKU, DREAM TANKA, AND PHOTOS BY ROSWILA POSTED IN MARCH 2011

[PLEASE NOTE that in most browsers you can click on the image for a larger version.]



GRATITUDE

incorrect name on
the one letter of many
I’m glad she caught it

the floor will have to
be my bed again tonight
I’m wrong here, too
the single bed I was loaned
and slept in last night’s still here

[two dreamku on a dream of 2-28-11. Image by Roswila]



March 2, 2011


INTO THE DISTANCE

she fills in her new
friend about her family –
history exchange

turning away she
speaks into the distance:
the story about
her brother who died months back
emerges sorrowfully

[a dreamku and a tanka on a dream of 3-1-11. Image by Roswila; this is a possible Death card in the Found Tarot deck I'm developing (see list of posts in right hand column for Found Tarot pix)]



March 3, 2011


OF COTERIES AND EMPTY HALLS

we women finish
our creative performances
sunny gymnasium

no one approaches
to congratulate and praise me
each of the others
has a small coterie
happily surrounding them

I flee, not wanting
to stand out like a sore thumb
dark empty hallway

[a dreamku, tanka, and dreamku on a dream of 3-2-11. Image by Roswila]



March 4, 2011


FAREWELLS

so many farewells
vacations or visits ending
time that they go home

the atmosphere floods
with claims they’ll stay in touch
spoken or implied
although some sadness floats up
all’s fine, even embraceable

[a dreamku and a tanka on the dreams of 3-3-11. Image by Roswila (I'm considering "coloring out" that straggling partial fourth orchid in the lower right edge. But it's a lot of painstaking work to do with the program I have, especially when I'm not sure I even want to do it. So I'll wait til I want to take a shot at it, as this is a much larger area to edit out than I've done yet. I also do not like taking anything out of a photo; I somehow then feel the shot is not truly mine. Go figure, since I edit my writing like crazy.]



March 5, 2011


dropping dark objects
retrieving only a few
they’re dense but still I
sense what I need to pick up
from the sidewalk under the El

[tanka on a dream of 3-4-11. Image by Roswila]



March 6, 2011


DYAD

I

information comes
he will be assassinated
at the dinner party

how do we know this
wasn’t he being set up
for the kill tomorrow

I pull silky black
socks on my sensitive feet
dinner guests await


II

she says she’s never
liked Elvis all that much
something about what he
tried to do to his sister,
inappropriate touching

[three dreamku on one dream and a tanka on another of 3-5-11. Image by Roswila; yes, a rather silly photo to accompany such serious dreams, but maybe that's a good thing, providing some balance and there are a dyad of those feet in the pic; also, I've always suspected that the "owner" of those feet is tremendously sensitive himself, and totally unaware of it.]



March 7, 2011


DON’T KNOW

odd but just the tune
straggles behind me out of sleep
the words rise slowly
through morning and I agree
“I really don’t know life at all”

[tanka on a dream of 3-6-11. It is unusual for me to recall the tune but not the words, as it’s the words that almost always have something pointed to say to me. It’s possible I was just starting to have this dream when my alarm woke me. So I’m actually fortunate I was even able to hold on to a recognizable tune as I woke. The song as I ultimately recalled muzzily on waking is “Both Sides Now” (better known to many as “Clouds”), written and sung by Joni Mitchell. A beautiful poem, with equally lovely music. Image by Roswila]



March 8, 2011


THE LAMB

a tiny living lamb
among birds on indoor pole tops
solo dream recall

[dreamku on the only dream image recall from 3-7-11. Image by Roswila]



March 9, 2011


Lots of little pieces and flash image recall from my dreams last night. The most interesting to me -- since I so rarely dream about Tarot meanings or images directly -- was a visual image almost identical to the below Tarot card, The Fool in a relatively new deck "Leagacy of the Divine Tarot" by Ciro Marchetti:


And it was dreaming almost this identical Fool card image that led me to post a photo of mine at the top of this post that Craig Conley once suggested could be a Fool card for my Found Tarot deck-in-progress of digital photos. (I agree, but think I may yet discover a better Fool for my Found Tarot.)

Top image, possible Fool card in Roswila's Found Tarot (you can use the search function in top upper left to find "Found Tarot" posts).



March 10, 2011


STYMIED

the way out of here
requires a photo I.D.
and one’s fingernail
more and more hospital staff
wait to check us out

I find an exit
without a winding line
the worker okays my leaving,
lightly lifting the loosened
fingernail from my nail bed

where is the out door
I wander and have to prove
myself again to staff

one points to a door
it’s more like a dark tunnel
my hips will never
fit through the first exit turn,
stymied but not defeated

[two tanka, a dreamku, and a tanka on a dream of 3-9-11. Image by Roswila]



March 10, 2011


THE JOURNEY NOW

we three, strangers to
each other, agree to
keep the small baby
the infant’s teenage mother
and I cry in relief

I’m deeply grateful
to the new van driver for
okaying this
I hug him from behind
as he sits at the wheel

his wide shoulders against my chest warming sun

* * * * * * * *

the fire at the top
of the mountain still burns
steadily in one spot
it suddenly leaps side wise
then down, down, down towards us
I gasp out loud nearly choking

the driver and I
stare, knowing there’s no escape
we’re in its path
the snaking blaze hits water
in the foothills and dies out

[two dreamku series on one dream of 3-10-11. Oh my. I didn’t know about the earthquake in Japan and subsequent Tsunami until after I drafted the above two series, and turned on my T.V. Once I’d listened a bit, I realized the second series above could be seen to reflect that tsunami as it approached our coastline here in California. Not in its specifics, but certainly in an emotional sense, and in that waiting for possible disaster. And I want to put out prayers for the people of Japan. Image by Roswila]



March 12, 2011


IT AIN’T ME

“It ain’t me, it ain’t me
ain't no Mother Earth's one ....”
stuck in my mind as
I wake, this old protest song
from my hippie years

[tanka on a dream of 3-11-11. The song is actually “Fortunate Son” by Credence Clearwater (1969), popular during the Vietnam war as a draft protest song. However, in my sleep and waking recall I did not have any memory of the title or the rest of the lyrics, just the melody and the lines -- the second one incorrect -- quoted in the tanka. Image by Roswila]



March 13, 2011


view after view of the
paperback book cover gets
redder and redder
in large print filling the space:
PAGE, as in The Tarot

[tanka on a dream of 3-12-11. Image by Roswila]



March 14, 2011


stillness at bed’s edge
I try to catch at least one
dream by its fleeting hem

[dreamku on lack of dream recall for 3-13-11. Couldn’t capture even one vague image, though I know I had the usual busy night of dreams. I have an extremely tentative sense that family may have been around, but simply not enough to truthfully base any writing on today. The photo above was taken last fall and I recently re-edited it. The fluted edges remind me of the hems to the long crinkle or broomstick style skirts I wear, when they get caught in the wind. Which is why I chose it to post today. Image by Roswila]



March 15, 2011


WHICH

“either/or or both
and more” or none of them
thoughts and images
this is not my choice but
which to own of them, if any

the dreamer and the image the distance between

[a tanka and a monoku on a dream of 3-14-11. The words in quotes are attributed to Jung and were in the dream. Image by Roswila]



March 16, 2011


THE VISITOR

running way behind
which of the three gowns to wear
to the gala dance

they all need repair
and my father follows me
with funeral talk
his mood’s as light as mine
about the dance I’m going to

he wants to show me
the funeral home just blocks
from the dance event
dressed for the gala, I confirm
the funeral’s not for days

[a dreamku and two tanka on a dream of 3-15-11. Image by Roswila]



March 17, 2011

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! (Well, at least the bumper sticker above is green! It's from my small collection of Star Trek memorabilia.)
* * * * * * * *



THEN AND NOW

she always comes back
from her unknown lunch meeting
completely naked
her co-workers say it means
she’s seen a doctor or had sex

neither assumption’s right
where she goes does look just like
a doctor’s office
but it’s filled with instruments
of torture made to look benign

* * * * * * * *

they have set up a
movable rope line between
upper and lower class
the bank begins to fill with
poorer folk for the meeting

I climb on the rope
and balance there – nude beneath
my belted trench coat
I want only to see if bankers
can ever tell the full truth

[a pair of tanka series on one dream of 3-16-11. Image by Roswila]



March 18, 2011


THREE FOR A SUNNY DAY

what’s the history
of this dislike between states:
Georgia and it’s northern neighbor

* * * * * * * *

the old man in my bed
worries about his wife’s injury
“I’ll tend it” I say

* * * * * * * *

yellow apples fill
the top of his heavy satchel
he offers me my choice
I put two with other gifts
I’d been given, safe from harm

he hefts his satchel to leave the sun lights his face

[two dreamku, and a tanka with a monoku on three dreams of 3-17-11. Image by Roswila]



March 19, 2011


LAST MINUTE

last minute flirting
he says he forgot to kiss us
both good-bye

he tries to make it
very personal with me
although I enjoy
the kiss and sexy feelings
I sense what he really wants

they’d all been quite wrong
our voices balance nicely
with all the others
in their volunteer chorus
and they want us both back

[a dreamku and two tanka on a dream of 3-18-11. Image by Roswila]



May 20, 2011


THE STRING

the living string that
keeps coming out of my mouth
endless squirming dark

there must be a way
to kill off this forever pest
Oz’s Wicked Witch
melted under an assault
of ordinary water

I toss a handful
of ground food on a sample
of the wiggling string
at first, no effect at all
then it deflates and dies

the active ingredient onions the answer

[a dreamku, two tanka, and a monoku on a dream of 3-19-11. Image by Roswila]



March 21, 2011


AT A CORNER

the young boy and I
stand holding each other
he’s just given me
warning I’m to be fired
and said he’ll miss me a lot

elation rises
this is the first time that I
can be fully frank
with bosses: I’ll call them on
their lies and say just how I feel

stroking the boy’s hair
I promise to visit him
sunny city street

[two tanka and a dreamku on a dream of 3-20-11. Image: a mural in Art Alley, Lompoc, CA, famous for its abundance of murals, by Roswila]



March 22, 2011


[No dreamku for today. I have an early morning follow-up doctor appointment today -- maybe I'll find out why I'm an even dizzier "blonde" than usual. So I set up this photo post last night so I could just publish it this morning in a hurry. I was drawn to this old picture as the gardens on our grounds are filling with all sorts of buds and blooms coming out of hiding. With the exhaustion and dizzy -- almost fainting -- spells I've been having since I started on new blood pressure meds, I've not really been able to wander around and take photos all that much. What I'm most tickled by as I lumber past and enjoy the signs of spring, are all the red epithalium buds -- like bright little spear points now, spectacular cactus blooms with long flowing white stamens once fully grown and open. Image by Roswila]



March 23, 2011


[No dreamku again for today. As I've mentioned before here, on those rare occasions that the alarm goes off before I wake it chases away dream memories. Which it did this morning. I've chosen a sunny photo for a very rainy day, in a series of rainy days. We had a brief break yesterday, really cool and clear. But we're due for even more rain after today's. I wish I'd had my camera for a shot a friend told me about yesterday. A puddle was deep enough in the street for a duck to paddle through. When it reached the other side, the duck stopped and shook out its tail feathers. The petals in the above photo also remind me of feathers. Image by Roswila]



March 24, 2011


THE GARDEN

she asks that I touch
everything in her garden
before I go
this ailing forgotten friend
whose blooms now outshine her

I imagine she
thinks my touch will Reiki* them
embarrassed by my
self-focus I then wonder
what her gentle purpose is

I touch a flower
and instantly realize:
“forget-me-not”

[two tanka and a dreamku on a dream of 3-23-11. *Reiki = very briefly put, hands-on healing. Image by Roswila]



March 25, 2011


ON FLYING

each night he rides a
different flying toy pony
to cheat on his wife --
that his mistress picks them for him
adds stars to the inky sky

he thinks not of his
deception nor of being caught
nor hears his conscience
to be so wanted by her
he could almost fly on his own

[two tanka on a dream of 3-24-11. Image by Roswila; my first use of black and white; I didn't do it for this post but it feels appropriate, sort of not yet fully alive]



March 26, 2011


she’s scheming to steal
the large stash of cash I found
I’m more concerned for
her abused kids in my care
and will she demand them back

[tanka on a dream of 3-26-11. Image by Roswila]



March 27, 2011


THE TINIEST

she’s the tiniest
this new striped kitten of mine
mutual affection

I’ll need to set up
a litter box, and water
and feeding dishes --
where in this large apartment
suits roommate, her and me the best?

I arrange it all
in the bathroom off Mama’s
empty old bedroom
now to find the sweet kitten
and show her where it all is

[a dreamku and two tanka on a dream of 3-26-11. Image by Roswila]



March 28, 2011


I yell at him to
get his dog off my sweater
that its got a piece
of my skin beneath it, too,
between its small pointed teeth

his concern is more
for his favored pet than for
my stinging arm
then he reluctantly stuns
it still with a zapper

I hold my breath he retrieves his floating dog

[two tanka and a monoku on a dream of 3-27-11. This was mostly about my arm hurting; same arm same place as in the dream when I woke up. (If I sleep too long on my side, this happens.) I woke up rubbing my arm and singing these lyrics from Fiddler on the Roof: "Sunrise, sunset / Sunrise, sunset / Swiftly fly the years / One season following another / Laden with happiness and tears." Image above by Roswila]



March 29, 2011


THE LIST

she’s typing a list
of all she sees in the night sky
it curls off the platen

without thinking
I ask her where the moon is
palpable sadness
seeps from her tiny smile
when she notes that it’s gone

she types some more “neither here nor there” clicks from the keys

[a dreamku, tanka, and monoku on a dream of 3-28-11. The above is written about a poem I was writing in the dream about the dream I was having. Image by Roswila]



March 30, 2011


REPAIRING

she stops to repair
her rattling old sedan
I race to her home
to ambush her in my own
broken down jalopy

[a tanka on a dream of 3-29-11. Image by Roswila]



March 31, 2011


APPEARANCES

he’s young and handsome
hands-down winner in each gal’s eyes
vain body builder

a lump beneath muscle
scares him totally spitless
a barbie doll woman
embraces and calms him down:
don’t panic, you don’t know enough

[a dreamku and a tanka on a dream of 3-30-11. Image by Roswila]



* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,





**** [aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home