Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, July 11, 2019

APPROACHING THE FINISH LINE (photomorph) & RUNNING OF THE KITTENS (dream tanka) by Roswila


RUNNING OF THE KITTENS

graceless and unschooled
the runt of the large litter scrambles
over the line before
her biggest, most experienced sibling:
under-sized and unprepared wins the race


[tanka on a dream of 7-8-19. An odd little dream. One might think (as I do) I’d have had an emotional response to it. Especially given that kittens are a common image in my dreams, often representing anger (recall that saying? “Don’t have kittens”?). But I didn’t and still don’t. Not beyond a brief attempt just now to manipulate its images to reflect the horrendous mood I’m in today. However, I couldn’t – i.e., didn’t really want to – fool with the dream as I’d already laid it out in this tanka the day after I had it. Not even to express how overwhelmed and miserable I’m feeling today. Of course, what’s the race in this dream tanka about? And what does it mean to win it? Winning isn’t always a matter for celebration. Photomorph “Approaching the Finish Line” (11-10-09 8105ev5[3]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home