Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 23, 2019

BURNING BUSH (photomorph) & "dirt erupting from..." (non-dream haiku) by Roswila


dirt erupting from
under the dandelion bush … ah!
gopher moving in


[non-dream haiku written 6-22-19. “Meh” as a haiku, IMHO. But it was a fun experience. Not only that, but it happened on my second long walk after over a year of none, on a day that had been predicted to be foggy but was sunny and just the right temperature (for chilly-willy me). I just now googled for “dandelion bush” and didn’t get any clear answer as to whether that’s what it was; only a couple pix that looked like what I saw. One of which was titled with the same question I have: a dandelion bush? BTW, it was a tremendously hard walk (mostly due to feeling exhausted). However, I expected this. I remember how it went when I first built up to long walks a couple of years ago. Took several weeks. So, I’m focusing on the joy of doing it – which is considerable -- and not its inevitable attendant difficulties. Hm, that could be a good approach to my life in general, ey? Listen for the joy, and mute the rest. Photomorph “Burning Bush” (8-5-09 4956v2a[3]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home