Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 14, 2018

DON'T GO THERE (photomorph) & DOUBT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


DOUBT

why are you at me again?
poking into my most intimate aspects;
I thought we'd parted ways long ago,
each of us for our own unexpressed
reasons, and it's been so long I didn't
even recognize you by your looks
(you've aged as much as I) nor by
your actions (you're being openly
seductive, something you never
were back then, though I got the
message anyway), I only know it's
you by an immediate gut reaction
of mine to the come-on smile in your
dark eyes as you look at me, and the
suffocating doubt I instantly feel:
are you for real? do you actually
think I'd go back to being manipulated
and then made fun of behind my back,
a living (and all too vulnerable) toy
of yours? and do I even want to bother
figuring this all out: what you truly desire
at this late stage, or what your cronies
want (whom I know are somewhere
around here, they have to be, when did
you ever go anywhere without them
to egg you on) when I can just push
you off ... and so I turn my back on
you with a deep, solidifying breath,
hoping the stiff neck I suddenly
note is not also a metaphor


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-12-18. Hm, yesterday it was about second chances. And today it's about not wanting to repeat something. No pleasing some folk, is there? :-) Well, there is that doubt at the end today -- a warning maybe about being "stiff necked." Photomorph "Don't Go There" (10-27-15 021v4d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home