Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, December 13, 2018

BETTING ON THE LIGHT (photo) & ON SECOND CHANCES (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ON SECOND CHANCES

he tells me I've been authorized to accept a
Second Chance win in the lottery* should one
come up among the losing tickets of his he hands
me; and that's the second myth I'm aware
of coming up against just now: one, that anyone
would feel, much less be this generous toward
me, and, two, that there are any second
chances for anything: a loss is a loss, they're
ultimately what undo a life's knotted weave
altogether; then the young dark-haired, dark-
skinned woman I have so admired from a distance,
who happens to handle second chance winnings,
tells me with a chilly, very unpleased tone to her
voice, that I have won with one of the losing tickets
with which my friend had gifted me; as we step
up to the window in the lottery hall to collect on my
Second Chance win she, quite surprisingly, begins
to warm towards me; as has happened before in
the past but I had long forgotten sometimes seems to,
I've gotten a second chance and she has decided
she likes me after all: now this is a kind of Second
Chance win in which I'd really like to believe


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-11-18. I don't buy Lottery or any of these sorts of tickets, but a friend does. I was quite surprised when he told me recently that there's a Second Chance Lottery website here in CA, for losing ticket numbers to register for another try. Surprised enough that it impacted a dream within days as a metaphor. :-) Photo "Betting on the Light" (10-27-15 012v6a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home