Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, April 26, 2018

IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CROWN (photomorph) & A VISIT FROM THE KING (dream monologue) by Roswila


A VISIT FROM THE KING

well, here's a somewhat unusual dream scene
for me: three women gathered at one man's
behest, and what an odd man for the dream
to choose; true, it's probably about time
that I have a visit from him, it's been
quite a while since he's stopped by
for a night visit: it's Elvis, yeah,
that Elvis, The King ...
however, it's
the women I find more immediately compelling,
the first is rather simple in some way, I'd say
not too bright but I've been fooled before
by appearances, she may
just be
more innocent than a woman of our advanced age
usually is; the second woman radiates an intense
intelligence, but that judgment of mine could
also prove to be off, her obvious keen
observation and instant absorption
are impressive, but it's only what
she does
and doesn't do with it all that will prove her to
be smart; then, of course, there's me: pretty
much as I have been for some time, trying
to stay open to what happens, to what
comes to me, to what lands on my
already full plate, all while
tiny bubbles
of fear tickle me into occasional bursts of
laughter; and no, I've not forgotten:
there's also the man, whom at first
I don't recognize as he doles
out a pill for each of us
to take,
even after an earlier dose of something we'd
each swallowed at his command; this
second pill is tiny and white and
the first two women gulp
them down
without a qualm, but I cup the dusty dab
of white in the palm of my left hand,
and wonder why Elvis is giving us
these drugs, hell, why is
Elvis even
in this dream at all: have I been missing
his music and drama, his seductive
mien and endlessly titillating
darkness, despite all of it
being wound in
tightly
buffering
layers around
that deep emptiness
I've long heard echoing
beneath his soulful singing


[monologue (?) on a dream of 4-18-18. Every so often I go through this: having trouble defining just what form a dream piece is written in. Add to that my tendency these days to also fool around with the way the lines break in order to create shapes, well, I'm left wondering if there may be no category for many of them. I think I recall saying here some time ago I could simply call these sorts of pieces "dream writing." But that isn't really satisfying as, for instance with this one, I've created a spoken voice, if you will, and a "concrete" form for the lines. (Don't ask me to explain that concrete form or most of the others I come up with as it's often by some feel I get as I go along; i.e., no conscious rationale.) I should note that the other two women are clearly aspects of myself. BTW, this is the additional dream I mentioned a couple days ago in a dream poem post. I actually had this dream before the already posted dream piece that can be read here. These two pieces (A VISIT FROM THE KING and THE EYE OPENER) stand in quite a contrast to each other, and were dreamed only one night apart. Photomorph "In Search of the Lost Crown" (9-11-13 007v7d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.
s of myself. BTW, this is the additional dream I mentioned a couple days ago in a dream poem post. I actually had this dream before the already posted dream piece that can be read here. These two pieces (A VISIT FROM THE KING and THE EYE OPENER) stand in quite a contrast to each other, and were dreamed only one night apart. Photomorph "In Search of the Lost Crown" (9-11-13 007v7d) by Roswila]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home