Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, April 23, 2018

PASSIONS STIR (photomorph) & THE EYE OPENER (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE EYE OPENER

things are deeply calm as my long distance
friend and I sit across from each other and
chat: yeah, somehow he's both here, right
now, and across the continent where he
lives; his surreal physical presence tonight
is welcome in a way it never was when we
were casual next door neighbors, and his
gentle, tactful approach and creative
acumen are more affecting here, this way,
when we're almost touching, knee to knee,
than they've ever been in our on-going
emails; so why did I not see this decent
man's interest in me or even just feel
drawn to him myself, long before now,
much less not see all this scintillating
evidence of my heart's ease in his
thoughtful presence? (silly girl! it can
take the inner eye a long time to open,
even when one truly believes one's
seeing clearly; sometimes only a blow
upside the head can knock the scales
from one's eyes, and the reality of that
other man's obvious, almost invasive
and nigh on to impossible to resist
interest has finally hit you with its
darkness, right between your eyes)


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-20-18. This is actually quite a contrast to a poem I've written on a dream from the night before this one. I'll post that earlier one when it's in shape. It's still not quite together and is considerably longer than today's (and I may cut it a lot). Although the man in today's dream/poem was an actual guy I know, I'm not truly interested in him, nor have I ever been -- except as a good friend. But I have always had "scales on my eyes" when it comes to the kind of man I'm drawn to. And that's what this dream is addressing. Photomorph "Passions Stir" (5-27-15 026v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home