Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

THIS WAY OUT (photo) & DEATH AS METAPHOR (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


DEATH AS METAPHOR

Brenda* and I are together again,
in her apartment, with several women
I'm extremely uncertain about, and a few
men who are now nothing but tremendously
problematic; she looks ill and I'm concerned
for her, as I always was at the end of her life;
another woman, though, looks to be even
closer to her final breath: that woman
reminds me too much of Farrah Fawcett*
in her last days; I return to concentrating on
Brenda, after all she's the only friend left
I'm comfortable with and she's made it
known she's leaving, that she needs to do
something important elsewhere; my concern
for her is upped: what if she collapses on
the road, how will I ever find her?
just then, the Farrah look-alike comes up
to me, her pretty blouse massively wrinkled
after what must have been days of living in it;
her smile stretches the skin of her terribly
thin face taut so that her bones stand out
almost white even in the artificial light
of the room like a death's head: a painfully
fitting symbol for all that's dying in me,
all over again


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-24-17. *Both my friend Brenda and Farrah died of cancer. Photo "This Way Out" (10-18-17 new picture as xiii) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home