Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

MIDNIGHT TAKE OFF (photo) & IT'S IN THE WIND (dream narrative) by Roswila

IT'S IN THE WIND

the handsome one of the group that keeps
passing me in the night as I search the same
street corner, again and again, for my lost purse, 
starts talking to me (after all, we've been making eyes 
at each other on each pass) and first thing he says after 
a perky "Hi," is "No matter how we look, we're not human,
my buddies and I," then he waits a breath as he bobbles in 
the air to see if I'm absorbing this news, and continues "Yes, 
we live in the air; born and bred here, on the wind; but we're 
not the romantic sort that just goes where the wind blows us ... 
not at all, when necessary, as the wind changes or slows, we 
put more elbow grease into our flying and we get where 
we want to despite the wind;" I start to ask what sorts
of places they like to go but he's already taking off 
(he and his friends) for parts unknown; and I 
wonder why they circled around me on 
the high breezes so many times, or 
maybe I'm just trying to find 
meaning in an accidental 
pattern of the winds 
they chose to ride 
with tonight


[narrative on a dream of 7-9-17. Those middle lines are pretty long. So if the lines of the poem aren't in a neat "curve" on the right, you might try temporarily decreasing the percentage of your "zoom" a bit (i.e., decrease the size of your viewed font). Photo "Midnight Take Off" (10-27-15 022v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home