Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, July 10, 2017

NOTHING LEFT BUT SWEEPINGS (photomorph) & IN THE CLOSET (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


IN THE CLOSET

oh no, not this damn
closet again! if I'd known
I'd not have come in,
not have taken the big chance
and opened an unfamiliar door

ah well, done is done
and now as I'm calming down
and look at what's here,
I see it has much less stuff
than it's ever had in it before

seems the work I did
cleaning it out in the past
was quite effective ...
but, sigh, now you barge in!
is there no escaping your threat?

these unexpressed, if also un-acted
upon, sexual feelings toward me

feelings I don't return, nor would if I could,
we're blood relatives, for cryin' out loud

I hold my breath as you reach one long arm
around me; "Thank all the Deities!" I think,

when you pick up some small white shelves
that had been propped against the back wall

you comment on how neat the closet looks
now and how spacious, which surprises me

I'd not known you were even aware this closet
existed, much less actually been inside it

my surprise morphs into a wistful thought:
maybe I could toss him out, too, forever

after all, I've become rather too expert over
the years at cleaning out this old closet


[three tanka capped by a series of two-liners on a dream of 7-9-17. Photomorph "Nothing Left But Sweepings" (6-4-17 038v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home