Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, July 06, 2017

RIDING THE SUNSET (photo) & THE COWBOY (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE COWBOY

"To the rodeo!"
my new cowboy date grumps
and I sigh heavily,
"Can't I even ask a question
seeking clarity?" I think

I rush home to dress
(yeah, even for a rodeo
there's a preferred style
of outfitting one's self) only
to find all my lighting's dead

well, that just frosts it
as far as I'm concerned:
dressing, an exercise
in reading Braille? I don't think
so, and especially not in a rush

I decide not to go
on this rodeo date; I'm
not that desperate
for entertainment, not even the kind
my cowboy companion might offer

though an old country
western song says "Don't call him
a cowboy 'til you
see him ride," sometimes even
seeing isn't necessarily believing

I'd much rather determine his riding skills
here in my darkened apartment anyway

sensitive touch can be applied
to much more than reading Braille


[several tanka capped by two two-liners on a dream of 7-4-17. Photo "Riding the Sunset" (1-13-11 10039ev2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home