Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, October 09, 2016

IN MEMORY'S LIGHT (photomorph) & STAGES OF A CAPRICORN (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


STAGES OF A CAPRICORN

STAGE ONE: The Dream

the stage has been set
for the musical performance
its star a baby goat,
wandering the floorboards bleating,
clearly extremely hungry

but there's no mother
goat anywhere to be found
it approaches me
and starts nursing furiously
and frustratedly at my big toe

I manage to break
its suction gently and it leaps
up to my left breast
nuh-uh, I say, nothing there either
I'll try to find a wet nurse for you

and so the two of us hobble around the large theatre
seeking someone this hungry baby goat can milk


STAGE TWO: The Musings

how do you need to be loved, littlest lost one,
my forever yearning infant?

I have no milk in these old breasts to offer,
and my open arms can only nurture so much
before it will become painfully apparent
you need other sorts of sustenance, as well

coming full circle like this at the far end of my
life to your bouncy, knob kneed search, I see
we are barely of the same species

oh, make no mistake, this is a boon, had you not
been the stubborn, tough little goat you are
we would not be here today

and I would not be faced with the loving,
if herculean, task of finding out how at last
to nurture you across the abyss of the years


[mixed format poem on a dream of 10-7-16: first part, the dream written in tankas capped by a two-liner, and the second part, written in free verse about my thoughts on it later the next day. BTW, astrologically I'm a Capricorn. The sign of The (fish-tailed) Goat. Photomorph "In Memory's Light" (6-12-09 2147v4a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home