Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, October 13, 2016

GODDESS OF THE RAINBOW (photomorph) & MOBIUS STRIP RAINBOW (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


MOBIUS STRIP* RAINBOW

I'm stringing together a mobius strip
from a rainbow of colored bits (not
exactly beads, not exactly pop corn),
its sideways figure eight form
to be worn standing on end pinned
into my hair above my white pony tail
(connecting the polar opposites of heaven
and my crazy self, I mordantly think)

another dream inserts its somewhat
pugnacious self and (as they all do)
the rainbow fades out, until the end
of this second dream (its boss a young
woman who knows too much to know
she knows very little) when the strip
shines again in my hands

I run my forefinger around the plane
of the mobius strip rainbow, as always
delighted how in this configuration
a single plane changes from inside
to outside and back again, feeling
soothed by its consistent mystery
even as I sorrow at its closed
circuit of loops


[free verse poem on a dream of 10-11-16. *For an interesting exploration of the structure and symbolism of the mobius strip, click here. I find the idea of contradiction very helpful. In fact, right now I'm viewing it as what creates the energy that produces the motion from which everything arises. (E.g., I'm more able to entertain the idea that my inner engine, so to speak, appears to be powered by the push/pull of polar opposites/contradictions.) It's also intriguing to note that the lemniscate (a sidewise figure 8) is often seen as the two dimensional representation of a mobius strip. BTW, I have actually been making a rainbow head dress for my Halloween costume. (Though in an arc shape, and to be printed out in color on and cut from photo paper, not strung out of anything bead like.) Photomorph "Goddess of the Rainbow" (8-10-10 10018v5a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home